Paris is a popular city with world famous monuments but apparently it's most popular attraction is not the Eiffel Tower.
According to data released by the city's tourism office, thirteen Paris landmarks attracted more than one million visitors last year but the Notre Dame Cathedral was top choice and far ahead of the emblematic Eiffel Tower.
So here are the most popular attractions in Paris:
- Notre Dame Cathedral - 13.6 million tourists
- Sacre Coeur - 10.5 million visitors
- Louvre - 9 million visitors went to see the Mona Lisa at the Louvre
- Eiffel Tower - 7 million visitors climbed up to see Paris from above
- The Pompidou Centre - 3.6 million visitors enjoyed the high tech architecture of this modern art museum
- The Musee d'Orsay - 3.1 million visitors came to appreciated the impressive Impressionist and post-Impressionist paintings in a converted railway station
While it seems that museums and cathedrals are the main attractions in Paris - don't worry. For those family travellers among you, Paris is a wonderful family destination.
Here is our collection of family fun attractions in the city - you'll find some of Paris most popular attractions there but also others more suited for kids and family fun..